1. Don't waste food. Seems like a no brainer, but it's so easy to let food sit in the fridge too long or let the leftovers go bad. An easy and delicious way to stay eco friendly when it comes to food is by creating a stew! HERE you can find a few great recipes for making stew out of your leftovers! A quick, fun and easy way to be more eco friendly!
2. Recycle. Chances are that if you’re thinking about taking on a more eco-friendly lifestyle then your already recycling. But you can improve your recycling skills? You can recycle almost everything from batteries to paper to cars. Before you throw it away, take a minute to find out if you could recycle it instead. If you're just getting started in the world of recycling, consider starting with one big item like paper or plastic, and slowly adding on as you get a handle on it.
3. Zero Waste. Make the switch to sustainable apparel. Fast fashion is far from eco friendly. Consider making the switch to something like BambooYou- a line of organic bamboo apparel. Bamboo is a renewable resource that can grow abundantly without the use of harsh chemicals like pesticides. BambooYou's collection of eco friendly apparel is silky soft( really, it's so soft!) and good for the Earth! Learn more about bamboo apparel HERE.
Cut Out Plastic
4. Cut back on your plastic use. Plastic seems to have found its way into every single aspect of our lives. However, giving it up isn’t as difficult as you might think – bring a canvas bag with you when you go shopping, buy your fruit and veggies loose, and stop buying bottled water. If you must use plastic, do your best to recycle!
Grow Your Own
5. Growing your own vegetables will save you money and it’s also a great way to cut down your carbon footprint by being eco-friendly. Don’t have any outside space? Windowsill boxes are a fun and beautiful way to brighten up your view, filter the air coming into your home and offer plenty of space for herbs and small vegetable patches!
Once you put these five simple tips into motion, you'll be right on track to living a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. Eco-friendliness isn't just good for you, it's good for all of us!